Sunday 16 May 2010

Crafty Sunday

I think I might just make it in time for a last post for Crafty Sunday before Sunday is officially over...
My daughter is off to Paris on Thursday for four days on a school trip and wanted a small messenger bag to use whilst she is there. I love this Micheal Miller Paris fabric as it always sews and washes up beautifully. Well here is the bag finally finished, when I say finally I mean that I still have to add the other side of the magnetic clasp and sew the gap in the lining, but I needed to do this post and my bed is calling me!!! so we won't quibble abot that will we. I made up the pattern as I went along using another larger messenger bag that Rachel has as a guide. I used a pair of charity shop jeans for the main body complete with pockets, the Micheal Miller fabric for the flap and a strap off an old free national trust bag that I had lurking around my workshop (I knew it would come in handy one day!!). The lining is pink cotton and I added one of the jean pockets to the inside too.

I love the way the pocket on the back of the bag is at an angle because of the cut of the jeans.

Rachel will be visiting the Eiffel Tower so that had to be on the front flap.
I apologise for the not so fantastic pictures as I am in a hurry to get to bed!!!

I will post some pictures of Rachel modelling the bag at a later date!!!
Good night everyone see you tomorrow!!!
Thanks to Me and Ma for organising Crafty Sunday
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. WOW, I don't know what else to say, this is great, I love it!

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bag.

    Wish I had a sewing streak.

    :o)

    Christals Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect bag for sightseeing and the fabric and jeans pocket make it look fantastic, lucky Rachel..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, lovely bag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous bag..love the fabric! The pink fabric & Jeans look great together.
    TFS Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...wow....how clever! I just love it - especially the way the chic French fabric is on the front. You clever girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Paris fabric - I have plans to make my daughter something from it for her French trip in July.I'm thinking of laundry bag maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever - well done you!xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...