Friday 2 December 2011

Advent Day 2

Day 2 of the Advent Swap and I chose one of these lovely purple gift bags from Sue to open this afternoon.


and inside was this beautiful hand painted tea light holder


 green is my favourite colour and I love the holly leaves.


I can't remember the order I packed Sue's gifts in so if you want to see what I sent pop over and take a look at Sue's blog crafts@home

Keeping with the Advent theme our activity today was writing our letter to Santa Tomas was thrilled at the prospect but as he is only three I wasn't sure how this was going to pan out  I needn't have worried...
I wrote out the words and he copied over them with a felt tip pen....
He took his time and was so careful, here are just a few photos of what he achieved....



Rachel and Jack were brilliant and joined in with the family fun...




Jack wrote a lovely letter asking not just for material presents but family new year wishes too. 


Tomas watching how it's done!!!


Rachel's letter/poster was bright and cheerful


And here is Tomas' finished letter 


These wonderful letters have been placed under pillows and are waiting for Father Christmas to collect them overnight and hopefully he will write back soon....

I think I'm going to treasure these for years to come.....once Santa has finished with them obviously!!!

Finally I have managed to make these little fabric Christmas trees in pots for the conservatory (please excuse the photo I will try and get a better one tomorrow in the daylight!)

I am making more of these in different colour ways using fabric scraps from the workroom and any buttons I can lay my hands on!!! I thought the trunks were a little too thin so have substituted them with brown pencils!!! you gotta a love a bit of recycling!!!


I'm really pleased with them and can't wait to add more Christmassy bits and pieces to the room.

3 comments:

  1. letters to santa, def something to treasure :) Cute trees, may have to have a go of these myself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it the sweetest thing when little ones write their letters to santa, I've kept the ones my boys have done, it's something so special to treasure.
    I love the christmas tree's - what a great idea, I think I'm going to have to have a go at these.
    Have a great weekend - Ju x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a yes to trying the trees from me too, they are lovely :)
    I have kept many letters, hand written cards and works of art from primary school. My children love looking through them, they are only teenagers still but they look back on their younger selves with fondness. I have a folder to give to each of them at some point.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...