Wednesday 4 November 2015

Dish Cloth Swap

Back in June I signed up for a dish cloth swap over on Kimberley's blog Creative Chaos.
I was partnered with Louana from NZ Green Buttons.
Here is what I received from Louana


A bright and colourful tea towel



A beautifully made dishcloth.


Some handy kitchen gadgets.



And here is what I sent to Louana, I added a few extras as I a little (a lot) late sending out my parcel.






I wanted to make a stripy dishcloth in bright colours and after getting into a bit of a tizz with my original dishcloth pattern, it just didn't seem to like my cotton yarn, I decided to use one of my favourite stitches to make this stripy dishcloth. Oops, it seems in my rush to send my parcel I didn't actually take a picture of my dishcloth but I used this pattern to make a bobble/popcorn stitch dishcloth. Hopefully loan too a photo and will post it on her blog. 

I also made some flower coasters,




using this pattern, in the same colours as the dishcloth. These were really easy to make up and I even managed to make some whilst watching Tomas' swimming lesson.

And finally I made use of some vintage patterns I had in my studio and used them to wrap all the gifts in my parcel.


Thank you to Louana for being a wonderfully patient swap partner and to Kimberley for organising another super dishcloth/mug rug swap.

1 comment:

  1. oh I need the tea towel and more importantly those notecards! :) Gorgeous items sent by both! Love Louanna's dishcloth and your coasters too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...