Thursday 1 March 2012

Afternoon Tea Swap

Do your swap parcels even cause the postman to comment on what might be inside? 
Well that's exactly what happened when my parcel arrived on Tuesday morning from Holly. We had been partnered in Jewel's Afternoon Tea Swap and this is what she sent me.... 


 A lovely heart shaped parcel brightly wrapped which lead me to explain to our postie all abouts swaps and blogging, we do have quite a few parcels arrive here at our cottage, either from swaps or from eBay which as our postie says does keep him nice and busy.

It was also lovely to notice that I'm not the only one that gets caught up in the wrapping of a present only to realise that either I have forgotten to add a card or even forgotten to add one of the gifts 
(both of which I have definitely done!)

Right back to the parcel I bet you're dying to know what was inside.....well the heart shape turned out to be this fabulous red dotty tin for my kitchen, I'm not sure what to keep in it yet but I think is should be something delicious don't you! ...


and what was inside the heart shaped dotty tin, well there was this handmade tin can tea light holder which Holly had hole punched with the word LOVE and a heart (which was impossible to capture in any pictures).


Some red silicon cupcake moulds, I explained to Holly that I might not be the world's best cook when it comes to cakes etc but with these new moulds at least I'll look the part!!! 


 There was also some cupcake themed coasters and a cupcake pen ( which I have had to hide from my daughter Rachel but as she reads this blog will now know about the pen and pester me to give it to her!!!)



Holly also popped in some bunting peel-offs which I can't wait to use on some cards 


and lastly some individual teabags beautifully tied in an organza bag with purple heart ribbon (which I shall definitely find a use for in one of my next projects). 


Receiving all these wonderful gifts in the post makes me realise what a special place blogland is, 


thank you to Jewel for organising the Afternoon Tea Swap and a BIG thank you to Holly for being such a brilliant swap partner. Holly should receive her parcel today (I know I'm a day late sorry!!!)so as soon as I know it has arrived safely I shall post some pictures for you to see what I sent her. 

 **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **

I'm also really excited as tonight I'm meeting up with Gem from Gem's Country Life Dream, we will be meeting for the first time and were partnered together in her blog love swap so will be swapping gifts and chatting over a nice cup of tea!!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely swap gifts - lucky you! My partner was very generous too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely swap parcel, I love the tin, there are some smashing people in blogland I really enjoy reading all about them, and such talented people too. How exciting to be meeting one of your blog friends hope you have a great time.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is the second blog today that I've seen the afternoon tea swap on and you both received gorgeous gifts. Not sure why I didn't take part myself as I'm now slightly jealous..
    Hugs
    Pene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab gifts, I love that tin, it is gorgeous.

    It was so lovely finally meeting you last night and I look forward to many more dates in the future :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What love things.
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one. Everything looks lovely
    have a great weekend
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea and the gifts look great. I'm enjoying being part of blogland too and enjoy the diversity of people's interests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im really glad you enjoyed it!! I will blog about your gift to me soon...although must confess i get too excited with blog swaps and dont photograph things before i open them...and if there edible or usable i have often used them before i have chance to blog too...oopsie its the child in me and the excitement of presents!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...