I hope you have all had a super summer break, ours has been filled with lazy days and family fun and has passed rather quicker than anticipated. I love this time of year and see it as a beginning rather than an end. With the school year just around the corner and new beginnings in mind I'm joining in with some fellow bloggers and making a list of some aims and goals that I would like to achieve during 2015/2016.
1. To improve and increase my photography. Several months ago I signed up for an online photography course, I downloaded the course work and never got around to starting it. So once the children are back in school I'm going to make a start on the first assessment. I also want to start taking my camera out more. I used to take it everywhere but that stopped so I would like to start again.
2. To eat more healthily by eating more fruit and less sugar and no more late night snacking! I am going to try some new recipes too as we seem to have got stuck in a menu routine that really needs changing.
3. To be more active, I'd love to try a yoga class, so whilst I'm looking for a class to try I will be trying out a few moves at home. Swimming is also on my list and I will need to tweak my morning routine if I'm going to fit this in.
4. To finish off my many unfinished projects - there are lots let me tell you! I've been really good and continued with my fabric buying ban so this will continue and I try to use my stash in any new projects.
5. Early nights - I'm a bit of a night owl and this tends to catch up with me eventually so I'm going to try to go to bed at a more reasonable time of 10-10.30 (oops it's gone passed 10.30 already but this is my second attempt at writing this post as the first one disappeared)
I need to make more use of Netflix and on demand TV rather than staying up late to watch TV.
6. Home improvements, we have been in our home for 12 years now. Initially we were never supposed to stay but we love our little home and although we have made some big improvements, most of which I've blogged about, there are some rooms that now need redecorating and some that need finishing off. I also need to add those finishing touches that never happened as were always thinking about moving.
7. To do lists and routine, I do love a list and tomorrow I shall be printing off a daily to do and routine list. When the older two children were small we had more routine but with Mr Mad About Bags now retired and at home full time and with the older two not needing so much of a routine I've let things slip and there always seems to be tomorrow. I'm definitely a procrastinator and am easily side tracked by Pinterest and Facebook so I need to be stricter about the time I spend on the computer and use my time wisely, especially in the evening.
I think that should do for now I'm sure there are more things I could add and maybe I will in the coming months but it's now way past my new bedtime so I shall bid you all a goodnight x
Pop over to Gem's blog to see her aims and goals too x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone