Saturday 15 August 2009

Devon - we had a great time!!!

We had a great time in Devon albeit a little wet (well a lot wet on the Wednesday!!!), we stayed in a beautiful barn conversion not far from Clovelly. I gave the kids their travel journals in the car on the way down and they loved them, i did have a sneaky peek and they were quite funny to read.

We visited Illfracombe, Clovelly, Bude and Hartland Quay - we didn't make it to Bideford but maybe next time!!!

Hubby wants to go back as he liked the area so much - just wish we were a bit closer as it took 7 hours to get there and 7 hours to get home!!!

Rachel and Jack thoroughly enjoyed body boarding at Bude and Tompom had his first taste of sand and I mean literally had his first taste of sand!!!

We arrived home suitably shattered with lots of washing and have spent the last few weeks catching up with friends and relaxing!!!!
********************************
My last blog was about the Misi talent from Devon and although I would have liked to mention everyone I couldn't but I couldn't believe I missed fairlygirly as she lives in Bideford not far from where we were staying. So as a way of making up for that terrible faux paux I just have to mention her Blog Giveaway so pop along and join in and you might even win a pair of her fabulous butterfly earrings

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I am so glad you had a lovely time, I thought about you in the rain that week...when are we going to have a decent summer! I am following you back.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. Yes its been quite wet down here lately - but there's stillplenty to do. What a great advertiser for our region are you ! 7 hours is not great tho.....Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...