Saturday, 14 January 2017

Santa Sack Swap 2016 - Part 2

So I have shared with you all the wonderful gifts that I received from Mary in the Santa Sack Swap and this post is all about what I made and sent to her in return. 
After reading Mary's blog about her love of nativity sets I wanted some of her gifts to have that theme. I found a lovely nativity themed fabric on eBay which then sat in my sewing room whilst I decided what I would I make. Part of the swap is to make either a sack, a stocking  or a bag. As Christmas is a busy time for Mary I thought a bag might be more useful so I made a nice roomy tote, which Mary has told me fits perfectly on her mobility scooter so she is going to use it all year round. For some reason I didn't a photo of the bag but you can see it in the last picture showing all the gifts I made Mary. I still had a little bit of the nativity fabric left over so I decided to make a cushion.


I added a little sparkle to the cushion with some stars sequins, 


and used red beads to pick out the berries. 


I really liked the words on this fabric and used a red embroidery hoop from my stash to make a hanging ornament. 


I tend to get a bit carried away with themes and this swap was no different, so continuing with the nativity theme I used my Cricut cutting machine to make this nativity vinyl decal and popped it on this glass jar. 


I added a ceramic star tag to bring a little Joy. 


The next part of the swap had me stumped for a while, I know Mary likes to craft from the comfort of her armchair so I decided to make an armchair caddy and a project bag,


but what colour to make and what fabric to use? After a little more stalking on Mary's blog I managed to find out that dusky pink might just be okay. 


 Here are all the gifts that I made for Mary


This is a super swap to take part in so if you fancy joining in this year pop over to Cheryll's Santa Sack Swap blog for more details. 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts that you both sent and received. I laughed at your story of the sugar mouse (candle), it's jyst what I'd have done! No risk of sharing either! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were lovely gifts! I'm sure they were appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous gifts - I am always in awe of your talent and of others!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...