Now that my workshop is gradually taking shape I wanted to make a new cover for my ironing board and while I was sorting out my patterns i found some instructions. I have this Michael Miller Tidy Up fabric in three different colourways, kiwi, aqau and pink and couldn't decide which to use. I finally plumped for my favourite green. It's the first time I've made anything like this and am really pleased with the way its turned out, Iused elastic instead of string and it's made the cover fit nice and snug. The only trouble is I don't want it to get BURNT with the iron so am ironing really carefully!!!!!
I had this nautical bag cut out and half finished for ages and finally decided that I couldn't keep putting it in the TO DO pile!!!! Initally I was going to use some red and green fabric for the handles so it would be port and starboard but I finally went with the blue and I'm glad I did. I topstiched the handles with five rows of stitching and it really finishes them off and makes them nice and sturdy and comfortable to wear over the shoulder. A real summery bag.
Finally a few weeks ago during half term my daughter Rachel kept pestering me to make her a bag for school and so on the sunday evening before she was due back (because apparently I had PROMISED!!!!) we went off down to my workshop and she picked out the fabric and the pattern and left me to it.... It was a pattern I hadn't used before so you know what that means - everything took twice as long!!!! I finally finished at midnight and left the bag in her room for her to find in the morning . She was really pleased and has been using it ever since. The fabric is really pretty with puppies on a pink roses background and the baby pink fabric was the bottom of Rachel's curtains that I had cut off to fit her window.
I will be listing some new bags in my Misi shop over the next few days so don't forget to take a look.....