Tuesday 23 February 2010

Red for Heart

Recently LissyLou was asking for donations for her fundraising event in aid of British Heart Foundation's Red for Heart Day this coming Friday. The idea was to make something red or heart themed for LissyLou to sell on a small craft table, initailly I cut out some red hearts thinking I would make some brooches or some bunting, but, I finally decided on making a lovely tote with some pinstripe wool blend fabric that I had picked on on one of my charity shop shopping days! I padded the hearts slightly and then hand sewed them to the wool fabric and added the little red and white polka dot ribbon tab.


I used a lovely bright red gingham for the lining and added another red and white polka dot ribbon tab to attach your keys to. It has a split ring and a tiny "hand made with love" heart.


I always find stripes and checks a bit of a challenge as I am a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things lining up, so i decided as the wool had a wide stripe and these would get lost in the length of the handles i would make the handles stripes run horizontally, I added a red topstitch to the handles and the rim of the bag. I really pleased with the way that this bag has turned out and I have enough wool fabric to make a few more so I think I might make a handbag sized one and another tote and see how they go. I feel that this bag has a certain city chic to it....Oooh how about a smaller flat bottomed one for you working ladies to carry your lunch in!!! (mmm that's an idea!!)

Finally I like to wish LissyLou huge success for her fund raising event and I hope that everyone has lots of fun raising money for the British Heart Foundation.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely bag and those stripes are perfect! I hope the stall does well to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!!, i have just recieved this gorgeous bag. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...