Thursday 13 December 2012

Crochet christmas trees

I mentioned before that Mum over Mum's Simply Living blog
was crocheting Christmas trees during the countdown to Christmas in a moment of madness I decided to join in and although I started a few days late I did make a start as you can see below


I then didn't make any for a few days and that must have been fate because last Saturday when I popped into chelmsford market I spied some lovely green wool in a much more Christmassy colour. I bought some of the wool and got cracking on making Christmas trees.


As you can see I'm still not quite on one a day but since taking this photo I have made two more, my only dilemma now is do I continue to make more trees or do I make some stars to go with them in the lovely red wool that I bought too.


As you can see I didn't only buy wool on my trip to the market!!
Here is a link to the granny tree tutorial that I am using if you would like to make some yourself.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. This is a fun idea - red stars would look very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i have just bobbed in from Lemonade Kitty. I love the crochet Christmas trees. I think that might be my weekend project whilst Im hybernating from the wind and rain! Best wishes Nicky @ LIFE IN FLOWERY WELLIES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy

    Great trees. I used this tutorial the other week and made a garland of trees and stars for my home this year to add a homemade touch to my decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stars would look great and what about holly? I'm keeping track with a tree for each day so far and I think I'll do a bigger tree for the 25th with possibly a star on the top. I might make it a red star!!!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees are really pretty. I think they'd look lovely as a garland. Have a lovely weekend.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped by to wish you a Very Happy Christmas! Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...