Monday 17 June 2013

Father's Day

Paul has to be one of the hardest people to buy for, he does have hobbies but not the kind that you can buy things for (he keeps canaries and has the dogs) and if he does want something he is usually straight on eBay and buys it himself, which leaves the rest of us scratching our heads for ideas. Initially this Father's Day was going to be no different but then on Friday Paul decided that he would quite like some Stella Artois Cidre ( he isn't a big drinker but does enjoy a refreshing cider in the summer). I then had the idea that he should have the appropriate glass to enjoy his beverage so a quick look on eBay and I found someone selling some Cidre glasses in Maldon a couple of emails later and I had made arrangements to collect to glasses for the princely sum of £3!


Now I don't know what your house is like but keeping secrets is nigh on impossible and although I thought I had done a good job of keeping the glasses a secret apparently Paul knew!
These weren't Paul's only gifts Rachel made him a lovely piece if subway art using the saying "anyone can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Dad"
Jack wrote a wonderful message in Paul's card that was really appreciated and Tomas made a special Dad medal and card at school.


I also bought Paul a ice-cream/potato scoop and a potato masher (I know they're not very exciting but Paul does keep asking for school mash in rounds and our potato masher lost its handle and this new one has a soft grip which should be easier on his hands (he has arthritis).
We also decided on a last minute meal out to one if our local Indian restaurant where all had a delicious meal.


so all in all not bad considering Paul didn't want anything!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a happy father's day indeed! Btw, my hubby always seems to discover secret gift purchases too, even when I think I've gone to great lengths to hide them - but in fairness, he never lets on before the surprise either :-)
    Have a good week,
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...