Saturday 12 October 2013

Birthday makes....

October and November are already looking like being busy for parties and today was just the start.

Rachel had a birthday meal to go to and I made this personalised reversible half apron for one of her friends. 

He enjoys cooking so it seemed the idea gift and although this looks a bit like an a-line skirt it does in fact fit straight when it is on!


Initially I was just going to line it in the red but then came up with the idea of adding the big "C" to give two ways of wearing it. I hope he likes it!!


Tomas was also at a party today, this one was a joint swimming party for two of his school friends. When I asked their mums what sort of things the girls liked it was pink, fairies, princess and glitter. 
I had the perfect fabric in mind this Michael Miller glitter fairy in pink, I teamed it with some hot pink fabric to make these two personalised cushions.


 I been perfecting my appliqué stitching


and this font was nice and simple to sew around.


I was really pleased with how these turned out.



It's boys parties next so I have football and ninja turtles in mind!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tracy
    Do you need to perfect your applique stitching even more? It looks perfect to me and both the apron and the cushions are fantastic. I do like the Big C on the apron! The girls will surely be over the moon with those two cushions!
    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda I have been mainly using straight stitch in my appliqué so I thought I would bite the bullet and use zig-zag and it wasn't as bad as I thought although I'm not quite sure how it would work on more fancy letters!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...