Monday 1 September 2014

The beginning......

As today is the 1st of September I thought it would be a good time to begin blogging again. I've been a bit absent and I have missed my little corner of blogland. I'm way behind on my blog reading but am hoping to catch up on all your posts very soon.
Paul and I have also decided to use this day to start on the 5:2 diet. Have any of you tried it? Do you know any good meal plans for the fasting days.
We have never dieted before just tried to eat healthily but I think our portion size is a little bit haphazard and as I'm now in my mid forties I don't seem to able to keep the weight off!
We have spent quite a bit of the day using the my fitness pal app to work out the calories of foods so that we can stay within the 500/600 (me/him) calories for the fasting days.
We were surprised to see there were quite a few things we could have, which is great.
So how have I done on my first fast day?? Not too bad actually, it was easier than I thought and I didn't miss my gazillion cups of tea as much as I thought I would (I only had two cups today).
Evenings are my worst time as I like to sit and watch a bit of TV and then get a little peckish and once I start picking I don't seem to be able to stop!! Anyone have any goods tips other than Paul's suggestion of a Hannibal Lector mask!!
Now the evenings are drawing in I will try and finish some of my crochet projects and hopefully this will help to stop the picking.
I'm going to try and stay within 1200 calories on the non fast days but I do have a sweet tooth so will need to keep an eye on this. That said there's nothing wrong with the odd treat is there. Lol!

Our next fast day is Thursday and we will see how that goes!

I have lots of makes to share with you too, so my posts won't be all about food or the lack of it!
I have been very busy over on my facebook page and I am also taking part in lots of crafty swaps so I'm looking forward to receiving lots of happy mail in the post.

Okay I'm off to watch the rest of Big Brother before hitting the sack, nighty night xx




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the diet. I can't help you with suggestions for fast day meals as I stick to the same number of calories every day but it's working - I've lost 2 and a half stone since I started on 18/12/13. Logging it all on MyFitnessPal has been a massive help and also weighing food (sometimes!) to make sure I'm assessing portions accurately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! I'm not sure how to help with the snacks!!!
    Hope you had a lovely holiday!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy, good luck with your 5/2, I tried it last year but struggled as I was on my own - I did two alcohol and meat-free days each week, which other family members didn't wish to join in with. I find that if I keep my hands occupied during the evenings it becomes quite easy to forget about snacking, so knitting or crochet is a good idea. Good luck. Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy. Good luck, let us know how you get on. In my case the snacking bit it sweets in the evening! So only have four squares of per evening or two liquorice allsorts. - it works for me, and I am quite disciplined about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot tell you how pleased I am about getting back into blogging. I'm pretty much caught up with all my reading (chances are I've missed quite a few but never mind, I'm up to date in my head :) ) I've also been back to blogging myself and I feel so much better for it. I'm just hoping I can keep it up.
    I have the same thing with watching TV except that instead of snaking I tend to bite my nails and with the wedding fast approaching I cannot afford to bite them now (otherwise I will not have my own nails on the day) I have found that either being on my laptop (not ideal but works) or crafting while watching TV has stopped me from biting, so long as my hands are busy there doesn't seem to be a problem.
    Good luck and see you soon x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a TV watcher snacker too. I'm finding that drinking lots of water or green tea fills me up and I don't feel the need to snack as much. And the constant trips to the loo as a result, should burn a few calories off!
    I've also discovered that sugar snap peas are good for snacking if I need to, and at least they are healthy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...