Thursday 24 January 2013

My first knitting Ta Dah!

I've finished my first knitting project! I was given a lovely ball of variegated yarn in the autumn swap with Helen of moonstruckcreations.


And after practicing my knitting and finding a fab project book in the charity shop I set about making a phone case to keep my new phone cosy and warm in this cold weather.


I'm really glad I have gone back to basics with knitting as I always used to lose my place with whatever project I was working on because I couldn't tell whether I needed to start with a knit or a purl stitch this would lead to losing interest in the project and it becoming an forever work in progress.


The knitting know how book has given me the the confidence to tell my purl stitch from my knit stitch with it's clear pictures and instructions I'm starting to feel confident with my knitting. I was able to put down and pick up my knitting and know exactly what to do next. I even used the proper method to join the seams! I love the way the stripes formed with the variegated yarn and I still have quite a bit of yarn left and might just make some wrist warmers. As you can see my new phone is now nice and cosy with not a dropped stitch in sight!



11 comments:

  1. Im so pleased that you found something to use the yarn for!

    Im very impressed with your phone cover, especially as it is your first project. If ever a phone needed a cosy its in this weather we are having!

    Have a lovely weekend

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! You have done an amazing job! I am impressed and it looks gorgeous! You will be knitting socks in no time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy

    Your phone cover is lovely and so colourful. I am sure your phone will be warm and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, get you Misssus - and wristwarmers next? Welcome to the Wonderful Woolly World of Knitting (and crochet!) What a neat knitter you are too, love the colours on your cosy. Well done you.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your phone case and the colours are lovely. I've noticed quite a lot of this variegated yarn lately and might have a go at some crocheting with it.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new make is very impressive! The colours are lovely, such pretty wool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats & well done - it's lovely! I love self-striping wool too :-)
    Happy weekend
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that wonderful to conquer a craft. Well done Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, it looks great and I love the stripy yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...