Tuesday 7 September 2010

Strawberry Swap

Way back when the sun was shining and the kids were still at school the lovely Pixiedust over at Faerie Nuff organized a super strawberry swap, my partner for this was Emma-Jayne (sorry when I tried to link to Emma-Jayne's blog it says it doesn't exist) and here are some pictures of the wonderful goodies I received. In the first package was a wonderful handmade and hand drawn card, some pretty fabric, 5 red buttons, strawberry red embroidery thread, and a sweet little strawberry cross stitch. In the next package were some strawberry socks and a strawberry face mask both of which ended up in my daughters hands as soon as she saw them....as well as pretty beaded necklace and a strawberries and cream bag charm. Everything was just, I was going to say peachy but as it's a strawberry themed swap I should say strawberrilous and I was want to say thank you to Emma-Jayne for being my swap partner and to Pixiedust for organizing the strawberry swap.

And now for the goodies that I sent, luckily for me I'd seen these strawberry shopping bags in a magazine and knew one of them would be ideal for the swap, they're fab as they scrunch up nice and small and look like a strawberry and can just hang from your bag or wrist. I ordered myself one too as they are so practical and pretty. There had also been some strawberry themed makes in a recent magazine so I made a strawberry pincushion and needle case and I also tried my hand a button making to and made 5 strawberry fabric covered buttons. They were a little fiddly at first but what really enjoyable to make so I might try some more. I knew from Emma-Jayne's blog that she is a keen cross stitcher so I added some brilliant white aida and some red, green and white embroidery threads tied together with an organza ribbon. I also knew that Emma-Jayne has a small son so not wanting him to feel left out when a package arrived I added some strawberry kids shampoo and a packet of strawberry yoghurt flakes which I have to say are delicious! I desperately wanted to find something that smelt of strawberries and after a long search managed to find this strawberry ice cream smoothie candle in a tin.
You know when you have an idea on how you want to present something well I knew that I wanted to make a basket to put all these strawberry themed goodies in and after searching on the net I found this gorgeous tutorial for a small patchwork basket, I had these pretty strawberry themed fabrics in my stash so I teamed them with some red gingham and green spotty cottons and hey presto this is the result. I think I need a little more practice using my overlocker for patchworking and I'm really looking forward to making some more of these. Finally I added a packet of strawberry Fruitella, (note to self: don't buy sweets for your swap too early on as you keep eating them and having to buy more!!! not good for the waistline or the purse.)
I couldn't find a strawberry themed card so this is my first attempt at applique card making I drew the design myself and am really pleased with the result I just hope that Emma-Jayne likes them as much as I enjoyed making them....
Posted by PicasaI haven't any swaps on the go at the moment so if there are any going on out there can you let me know thanks....

6 comments:

  1. What lovely things you sent in your swap, just love that patchwork basket.

    You receieved some lovley things too, lucky you. Ah yes my girls are just as bad at wanting to pinch anything sweet or girly.

    Some real lovlies there you lucky lady.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Lovely items.
    Go on my blog and there is a link to the autumn /Halloween swap.
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, gorgeous swap goodies. Have a look at my blog as I'm doing a few! The links are in my side bars!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely goodies. I am hosting the Autumn/Halloween swap that CraftySmiles mentioned, do pop over if you would like to join in :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, glad you liked the gifts. And I will have to link to this page on my blog as the memory card that had photos of your wonderful swap goodies got damaged and can't get the pictures off it. (by damaged I mean dropped in a river along with my good camera.)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...