Thursday 14 April 2011

A quick Catch Up...



Probably like many of you we have had some very changable weather these past few days....
last weekend we had the most amazing hot sunny days which resulted in lots of outdoor activities including a spot of gardening for me and bubbles for Tompom


Needless to say this beautiful weather and all that playing took its toll on Tompom and this was the result on Sunday afternoon!!!

Paul came home from the garden centre with a few new trees and shrubs which I planted up (forgot to take photos though) and I moved some of the existing plants to new homes to see if they would thrive. The photo below shows the area outside the outhouse which we revamped last year. I left the original shrubs in place as they have been there for many years. Tompom and I moved lots of topsoil to build up this area and then I added the pot and the clematis, hopefully as this site is more sunny than it's last home I'm hoping that the clematis should be a bit happier.
Monday was a strange day as Rachel was off on a school trip to Austria (music concert tour) and as she wasn't leaving until 3pm it felt like the longest day ever!!! We've had several updates from her, the coach broke down in Calais, someone was sick, the driver was given the wrong postcode for the hostel and the journey took 27 hours instead of 20!!! It's snowing and she seems to be having lots of fun and spending all her money!!!
Tuesday was chilly to say the least and we met up with friends in the park with us adults huddled under a blanket to keep warm and the kids running around to keep warm.
In the evening my friend Ruth came over as we have started getting together once a week to craft as we both just don't have the time during the day, the first time we met up we did more chatting than crafting but this time we both managed to complete what we started, Ruth made these gorgeous felt hearts on sticks and I made a plastic carrier bag holder for the kitchen.( I shall take a photo and add it later).
Wednesday was another chilly day and Paul and Jack went off with one of Jack's friends to Tilbury Fort, unfortunately we didn't check the opening times and it was closed!!?? so they had a walk along the Thames before heading off to Coalhouse Fort, but this too was closed for restoration works but the park was open and they had a great time on the death slide before coming home to play on the playstation, Jack is back into Pirates of the Caribbean as the new film is out next month and he can't wait to see it.
With the big boys out for the day Tompom and I headed out into the garden where we had lots of fun telling the time with dandelion clocks...
I carried on where I had left off at the weekend moving logs from one part of the garden to another.....
This is the tree

we had taken down over 2 years ago the logs have been piled beside the outhouse since then and I got stuck in moving some of them and burning all the small pieces.

And this is what I created for the kids (it's not quite finished yet!) not sure if it's a fairy ring/pixie ring or a campfire circle but all I do know is that I was in bed by 9.30pm completely exhausted and aching all over after my day in the garden!!!
Today we're off to see my Nan so should be a little more relaxing....

I hope you're all having a lovely time over the Easter break and that the weather is not putting too much of a dampener on things for you!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh tracy, lovely blog, but again I cant see the pictures. maybe its just my pc?
    joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi joy no its not your pc is bl***y blogger again i have just uploaded them again so hopefully you can see them now!!!!

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I can, thanks.
    when you've finished with tompom, please can I have him? x x x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...